Primary Education has been identified as the most crucial stage in the education of a child. The aim of the Choice primary is to provide a sound foundation in the development of a child’s personality and his /her understanding of good and bad.
A Regular Day
Students of Grades 1 and 2 begin their day at 9 a.m. and disperse with the rest of the school at 1.55 p.m.
Students of Grades 3 to 5 arrive at 7.30 a.m. and disperse at 1.55 p.m.
The children of the primary begin their day with an assembly, which gives every child an opportunity to shed his/her inhibitions and exhibithis/her talents.
The range of subjects offered here includes:
- Language(Hindi and Malayalam)
- Social studies
- Developmental Dramatics(for Grades 1 and 2)
- Computer science(from grade 3)
BEYOND THE BELL
In our pursuit of excellence and our commitment to the demands of the changing times we realize that thirty academic hours in a week Is insufficient for a child to explore various interests. Beyond the Bell was conceived with the idea that all students are provided with opportunities to acquire new skills that help build their confidence and contribute to their growth.
Careful thought has gone into identifying a variety of domains. The objective is to be able to strike a balance between academic, art and sports activities. Both sport and non- sports activities are offered as part of this programme. It is open to students from 3rd grade onwards
The curriculum followed in the primary school aims at:
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas.
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and benchmarking.
Thus it aims at developing learners into being:
Students of primary school are encouraged to participate in a lot of extra curricular activities .Ample opportunities are offered to them in the form of Class Day celebrations,festivals related programmes,Annual Day celebrations and Sports Day celebrations.These programmes are offered to the students throughout the academic year at regular intervals.