The Middle School at Choice School sees the students being readied to face the rigors of the Secondary and the Higher Secondary CBSE curriculum.Closer supervision and greater support from the teaching community is given to the students and their strengths and weaknesses identified and workedupon during the academic year. Thus regular teacher-parent interactions are augmented and remedies for problems or difficulties faced by students are offered.
ARRIVAL: Students report to school at 7.30 a.m. and disperse at 1.55 p.m..
CURRICULUM: The curriculum of Middle School is based on some common components to be followed and guidelines issued by NCERT.The curriculum thus aims at:
- connecting knowledge to life outside the school,
- ensuring that learning shifts away from rote methods,
- overall development of children rather than remain textbook centric,
- .Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and benchmarking
Language(Hindi , Malayalam, French)
- Students of Classes V-VIII are evaluated on the basis of CCE (Continuous Classroom Evaluation), class tests, mid-term assessments and term exams in a given academic year..
- Grades are awarded for good performances in Sports and/or Arts activities.
- Eligibility for promotion is based on the performance in the tests/exams and continuous assessments conducted during the academic year. There will be no retest for any of the term examinations
At The Choice School, Physical and Arts Education is given due importance and extensive training of each discipline forms an integral part of the curriculum. The main objective of this design is to communicate that sensitivity to both arts and sports is important to become a complete personality.
- For classes V and VI, the students would be given the opportunity to experience all the options under Major Arts and Sports so that they are able to choose an option of their interest in class 7.
- Students of Classes VII & VIII will follow the “Dual Major Activity System” where each student is required to enrol for an Arts Major and a Sports Major. (Options will be confirmed only after an aptitude test.)
House System for Classes V and Above
In order to foster a healthy competitive spirit and to create a sense of belonging, all students are divided into four Houses. Each House has student and teacher representatives. The Inter House competitions are conducted with a view to promote learning, entertainment and awareness . Merit certificates are awarded to the winners and House points are determined based on points awarded throughout the year.
House & House Colours
Cauvery : Blue Gangotri : Green
Narmada : Red Periyar : Yellow
Each House is governed by a House Captain, Vice-Captain and a Junior Captain.